PharMEDium Services, LLC, an AmerisourceBergen Company, is a growing outsource compounding organization servicing hospitals nationwide. POSITION SUMMARY:
Under general supervision of the Central Fill Shift Supervisor or other supervisory/management-level position in the facility, acts as a liaison between the Pharmacy Technicians and other production associates within the Central Fill Center; coordinates activities required to clean and maintain the Optifill automated fulfillment equipment and manual pick areas for the accurate fulfillment of PPS delivered prescriptions. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Back-up and support the shift supervisor.
- Trains and coaches Pharmacy Technicians on the operational procedures of the Optifill fulfillment equipment and the Manual Pick process. Also works with the Ancillary team in training for the packing and shipping of prescriptions.
- Monitors the performance of staff members to ensure compliance with operating procedures (SOP's) for operational tasks of Optifill, Manual Pick, Packing and Shipping areas.
- Works with Management to implement and monitor SOP's to facilitate a smooth prescription fulfillment and packing/shipping operations.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with Costco Pharmacists and associates within the Central Fill Center.
- Supports compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and California Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Posts Pharmacy Technician and Ancillary performance measures, including weekly fulfillment reports and canister maintenance logs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- All Pharmacy duties of a Pharmacy technician required
- Operates Optifill 1 automated fulfillment equipment under the direction of the Lead Pharmacy Technician.
- Responsible for the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions, capping, and printing of pharmacy vial labels, including automated and manual processes.
- Handles the fulfillment of canisters with specified drugs as directed.
- Performs the daily maintenance of canisters and cleaning of machines as defined by schedule.
- Restocks drugs and supplies for use by Optifill as well as for each manual pick station.
- Performs canister repairs and handles overall troubleshooting of Optifill machine at the direction of Engineer.
- Builds new canisters for drugs to be dispensed by Optifill 1.
- Assists Inventory Coordinator with check in and put away of daily wholesale drug order following product storage procedures and standards.
Requires some technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education; must have completed State, National, or NACDS technical training as required by State; normally requires a minimum of two (2) years related experience; must be certified with a state or national technical certification organization; previous experience in Retail or Hospital pharmacy preferred; previous supervisory experience preferred. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Effective communication skills - oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to be a team player and develop and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Good analytical, math, and computer skills