Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay is looking for an experienced and strategic Lead Product Manager to help design, shape, and drive product capabilities for the eBay’s Payments Platform. We believe that the end customer experience is a derivative of our platform capabilities. Developing a platform to support multiple geographies carries with it many challenges. The ideal candidate will have previously developed global product strategies that enable and drive innovation and go-to-market efficiency. He or she will work closely with in-country and regional business leaders, product and domain leads to identify and build core capabilities, maximize utility of features common to multiple stakeholders, and efficiently solve for local functionalities critical to market success. Additionally, he or she must have a proven ability to build relationships and influence across the organization at all levels, as well as superior communication and presentation skills.
- Define product strategy and roadmap for Financial Accounting Payments Platform, working closely with business stakeholders and engineering leaders. Clearly set the product prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in technology platforms
- Responsible for the stack that translates commerce transactions into financial transactions, bookkeeping, reconciliation and accounting. As Product Owner, this person will manage the design, development, and integration of global products to our accounting and reconciliation systems
- As the Product Owner, author user stories and co-lead the Agile scrum team with engineering counterpart to execute on roadmap with clear milestones. Owns product commitments and outcomes to the business
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development team
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into actionable improvements for the platform
- Partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to provide a global viewpoint and extend applications across use cases
- 8-10 years of strong product management experience with at least 5 years in payments, banking, accounting, reconciliation, or other financial systems.
- Experience with top tier ERP systems and/or previous SAP experience a strong plus.
- Subject matter expertize in technologies and products required to bring payments solutions to market, at scale and globally
- Experience with agile development process
- Asks the right questions to formulate product perspective beyond clear and present requirements
- Balances technical and commercial acumen; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on the business
- Builds strong relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator; seeks win-win outcomes