GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Global Product Line organization is one of three organizational pillars in Power Services and is responsible for global volume, profitability & growth in terms of market share, TAS, SAS. As the Lead Product Line Generator Requisition Engineer, you will develop the global product roadmap and deliver a competitive product portfolio to support growth.
The Product Lines will define the capability, resource and industrial footprint requirements and ensure that the regions have appropriate resources. Engineering in the Product Line provides all kind of technical services, covering product development, support and preparation of technical documentation for tendering as well as execution.The Requisition Engineering is as global team part of Product-Line Engineering caring for timely preparation of product specification. This comprises all own fleets with all technologies as well as oOEM generators.
In this role, as the Lead Product Line Generator Requisition Engineer, you will provide the technical detail to enable the timely execution of projects in the most efficient manner. This position will report to the Manager Requisition Engineering.
In this role, as the Lead Product Line Generator Requisition Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of technical documentation and the coordination of the engineering function throughout a project from enquiry to invoice. In order to succeed, he / she has to interact actively with other teams within the Product-Line Engineering, in the Region and other organizations, e.g. Sales, Project Management, Field Service and Supply Chain.
As the Lead Product Line Generator Requisition Engineer, you will:
• Provide technical coordination for repairs, refurbishment, modifications and upgrades on in-service generators
• Perform technical studies and comparisons surveys for berth relocation
• Lead engineering reviews of documentation and new designs
• Process requisitions through Engineering, Drafting & Sourcing
• Write Field Service Instructions (FSI) documentation to enable projects to progress
• Develop, monitor and coordinate engineering project schedules
• Provide in depth engineering support to customers through the project management & customer performance management functions
• Provide technical support for major generator in works projects
• Provide technical dispensation to NCR's, QCR's and SDR's
• Provide technical support to supply chain for purchasing of noble components and to reduce cost of procurement of parts and materials & answer material substitution requests
• Present technical information direct to customers and other GE functions
• Support with customer acceptance tests
• When necessary, review and approve quality documentation to ensure alignment with contract
• Specification of transportation requirements
• Approve lifting plans
• Link with product Service Engineering to provide technical support to field service personnel during project dispatch and installation
• Link with Project Management & Legal teams to provide the right level of documentation for customer review
• Feedback into technical risk management at the close out of contracts in order for continuous improvement to be captured
• Support team goals and objectives for LEAN productivity and material cost productivity projects
• Identify, promote, participate in and lead process improvement projects
• Ensure timely completion of all project objectives
• Support and contribute to other functional teams within Product Line Engineering manage and plan technology investments, commercialize new products and lead complex or 1st time projects in co-operation with the regions
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other technical or business related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical function in Power Generation in the domain of Engineering, Service, Manufacturing and/or Customer Support
•Commercial awareness to also consider non-technical boundary conditions
• Fluent in English
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
• Minimum of 2 years of domain expertise experience in GE turbogenerators
• Fluent in another language
• Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:
@geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States ; New York; Schenectady
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.