The purpose of this position is to provide quality bath and grooming services; provide and champion exceptional customer service to our Pet Parents; check pets in and out for grooming services; maintain a clean salon; provide oversight to store associates during absence of leaders; and ensure and provide a welcoming and safe environment for pets, Pet Parents and associates in our PetSmart Groomery. Responsibilities
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promotes PetSmart's vision, mission, values, and strategy.
- Provides exceptional customer service to build trust with Pet Parents by genuinely engaging with them, building strong relationships based upon the love of pets, and sharing solutions relevant to their needs.
- Performs Hands on Pet (HOP) assessment on all pets to recommend services and build trust with the Pet Parents.
- Independently and safely performs all PetSmart dog grooming services to breed standards, meeting the grooming requests and personal preferences of the Pet Parent, and delivers quality services that meet the "Look Great Guarantee". May perform cat grooming services.
- Performs check in and out procedures for grooming appointments, including applicable paperwork and rebooking's; answers phones and schedules grooming appointments, as well as conducts appointment reminder calls; maintains client records and receipts; assists Pet Parents on services offered in the salon.
- Promotes opportunities to grow salon sales to help achieve sales targets and productivity, and any other relevant store metrics.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, as well as the safety and security of company assets, Pet Parents, pets, and associates.
- During the absence of a leader, performs leadership activities as assigned.
- Independently and safely performs all essential bath/brush skills, such as selecting appropriate shampoo and conditioner treatments, bathing, drying, cleaning ears, trimming nails, brushing teeth, brushing and demattting all coat types (flat, curly, drop, wire and double coats), shaving pads of feet, shaving belly and sanitary area, etc.
- During the absence of a leader, may be assigned to perform leadership activities such as opening and closing, cash office management, pet safety inspections and handling Pet Parent concerns, exchanges, and returns; will be entrusted with keys to the store.
- Helps ensure other salon associates deliver quality services that meet the "Look Great Guarantee".
- Takes immediate action when a sick or injured pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration).
- Fosters an environment where pet health and care is first and foremost.
- Monitors the safety and well-being of every pet and associate in the store.
- Ensures completion and retention of client records and receipts, as well as maintains detailed customer history by recording services performed on pets.
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness, sanitation, and humane conditions for all pets in the grooming area, by performing maintenance throughout the day including end of day cleaning in accordance with the maintenance checklist.
- Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of self-wash bathing areas, and may perform cleaning duties; may assist Pet Parents in self-service dog wash.
- May perform other general store activities to include running cash registers, pricing, receiving, stocking, cleaning, and dusting of store and restrooms.
- Follows all operating policies and procedures.
- Represents the company to outside organizations within the local community promote the brand.
- Fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion with associates creating an environment of engagement.
- Leads a culture of empowerment through utilizing code of ethics, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Provides oversight of up to 5-7 associates and may handle and resolve Pet Parent concerns, exchanges, and returns in absence of leaders.Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally team lift and/or move in excess of 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is often exposed to a wet environment with an abundance of pet hair, occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is moderate in the work environment; however associates may be exposed to high levels of noise at times. Exposure to live animals and their handling is common.
A little about us:
If you're a devoted pet parent or an animal lover, you'll find a company that truly supports its associates and empowers them to succeed. Join us to help create a better world for pets and our pet parents.