Location: Columbus, OH - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOBThe Project Manager will be a part of the global "Strategic Environmental Technology Center of Excellence" platform team
with a focus on all the company's assets & capital programs dealing with energy reduction; zero environmental non-conformities; leading edge materials reuse & recycle; air/water/industrial hygiene pollution elimination and control; chemical and biological industrial wastewater treatment; landfill design/site remediation; elimination of air toxics; process modeling for sustainability; product stewardship, life cycle analysis, hazard & operability evaluations.Reports to
: R&D Leader or Program LeaderSpan of Control
: Individual Contributor JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Business Impact through Project/Program Leadership
- Close coordination between R&D, Engineering & Engineering's partners, all OC business units, the plants, Environmental/Health/Safety, Sourcing, and Regulatory Law
- Develop and provide management of both small and large capital projects
- Establish "fitness for use" criteria and prepare "up-front" project definitions.
- Develops and routinely forecasts project plans and project budget to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery utilizing appropriate reporting tools
- Develops and executes a comprehensive communication plan that informs all project stakeholders to guarantee clear and consistent communications
- Provide design and project management for R&D related pilot programs, including communicating the costs, timing, and technical potential for success as future scaled up programs
- Understand what vendor equipment or engineered systems are readily available, what our competition is doing, and what the costs of these initiatives will require
- Work with customers to define needs, generate & analyze options, and initiate and hand-off projects.
- Ensure that all projects are managed within safety, cost, schedule, and technical guidelines.
- Interacts across the organization to ensure the strong integration with other functional areas and the technology architecture.
- Communicates to all stakeholders from the factory floor to General managers
- Project activity will be on projects ranging from $100K-$90MM.
Technical Excellence & Capability Development
- Manages the transition to ensure the adoption of the change, that the project benefits are achieved and that the projects outcomes are sustainable
- Confirms business leadership support and engagement regarding the change management required on the projects
- Drives for business benefits to be clearly articulated and tracked for completion on a routine basis
- Supports efforts and opportunities for waste elimination and simplification
- Fully understands the business case and benefits to the organization to act as a champion for the business for project outcome
- Adheres to accepted Project Management Industry standards and processes and actively leads all reviews and stage gate deliverables
Manage Relationship with External Partners
- Evaluates emerging methods, industry best practices and Owens Corning lessons learned to raise the bar on Project Management practices and standards
- Commits to evolving how projects are managed to match the business and project needs, change management challenges and communication requirements to successfully deliver
- Builds a community for growing the capability within Owens Corning through personal development, mentoring and teaching opportunities with peers.
Team Coordination, Mentorship and Development
- Transfer and coordinate packages with external engineering alliances for execution
- Develops upfront communication of corporate vision, objectives and constraints
- Set expectations of service and performance levels
- Recognizes competing organizational goals and addresses differences to assure mutual success.
- Explores full potential of partners capabilities and skill sets and links partner ability to align with desired business outcome
- Plans and facilitates a seamless onboarding plan for team members including project requirements, standards, testing procedures, templates, etc.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Fosters teamwork to accelerate results for Owen's Corning by effectively leading global, cross functional teams.
- Build solid performing project teams and work with all leaders to develop and engage team members according to growth plans
- Accountable for the development and alignment of all project roles and responsibilities; ensures that those roles and responsibilities are articulated to each team member, modified as required, and accomplished throughout the project
- Recommends and supports project-specific mentoring relationships for growth areas on the project and helps to secure the commitment of the mentor / expert
- Provides clear feedback - both routine feedback (adhoc discussions based on project activities) and formal feedback (reviews at key phases of the project or related to growth and development plans)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering (preferred), Mechanical, Environmental Engineering
- 3-7 years experience in process engineering and project management in industry
- Ability to travel globally up to 30%
- Project Leadership - previous execution of small to large scale projects, possibly including initiatives with global reach, technology, processes, cross-functional teams and partner team members.
- Partner Relationships - experience with cross-functional teams that include third party expertise.Aptitude to build strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership.
- Management of projects, including, but not limited to, scope, schedule, cost, risk, resource, and change management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Project Management Science / Capability - training and application of industry best practice processes and tools
- Strong Communications - effective planning and execution of communications for stakeholders, both written and verbal.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
*LI-LC1About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2014 sales of $5.3 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 26 countries. It has been listed as a Fortune 500® company for more than 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology