Location: Granville, Ohio - United States
The Reliability/PM Pillar Program Leader is accountable to lead large or complex Manufacturing Reliability Group (MRG) programs, many of which will be TPM focused, within a particular business unit and/or across multiple businesses in Owens Corning. This role provides technical and project management leadership for all elements within scope of the program and is ultimately responsible for the execution of multiple work-stream deliverables that are critical to business performance and results. The Program Leader is expected to build strong partnerships with the business, Plant Maintenance, TPM Core team and PM Pillar teams, Reliability and Operation organizations, Capital Delivery Engineering where applicable and Granville resources while being the liaison in communications of business cases and objectives. Additionally, this role will lead program teams of internal OC as well as external partner resources, and will be expected to support in developing talent.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.Reports to
: Global Process Leader - Manufacturing Reliability Group and Loss PreventionJOB RESPONSIBILITIES Demonstrates a commitment to safety
- Acts and Intervenes when risks and hazards are seen or identified.
- Lives Safety Leadership.
- Ensures rigorous compliance to standard safety procedures and OC corporate policies.
- Heartfelt Safety Objectives each year, focused on Living Safely
Effectively Manages Programs, with primary focus on PM Pillar and Reliability
- Effectively assesses current state to determine strengths and gaps
- Develop and communicate program objectives and scope, including documentation of Business and plant specifications and Fitness for Use criteria.
- Works with business team to develop, validate and/or update business case for the programs and provides guidance in the assessment of priorities
- Develops program high level plans and implementation team organization
- Lead projects from concept through implementation and value attainment, with cross-functional teams and ensure consistent alignment with the business strategy throughout the project.
- Provide coordinated support and leadership in meeting all Program expectations. Ensure quality of program deliverables.
- Demonstrate the ability to define and meet key milestones.Builds and leads multi-disciplinary teams
Leads large-scale program and process innovation
- Work and communicate effectively with people at all levels within the organization in a way that causes enrollment, engagement, and execution.
- Utilizes Program A3 Charter to identify resource needs (i.e. skill sets, funding, plant time, and facility space) for the program.
- Ensures all team members have clearly defined expectations and deliverables that are matched with individual strengths.
- Establishes clear program priorities, makes decisions and adjusts accordingly when resource conflicts arise.
- Effectively utilizes external resources to leverage OC personnel.
- Develops a culture within the program team that consistently challenges and updates assumptions, with an emphasis on continually assessing whether the business case and/or technical approach remains valid.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensures that program charters are clearly defined, and agreed upon with the business.
- Develops the technical approach, and applies appropriate OC Standards to meet the program FFU's.
- Facilitates completion of all stage deliverables and shows willingness to recommend termination of programs as appropriate.
- 10+ years of applicable work experience in manufacturing operations (safety leadership, project delivery, maintenance & reliability, continuous improvement, etc.)
- TPM experience, especially PM Pillar, is highly desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Reliability application/Implementation experience
- Leading technical professionals and developing talent
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is highly desired
- Project Management Certification, or in process of certification, highly desirable
- A minimum of a BS degree. Engineering degree and background, highly desirable
- Project Leadership - previous execution of small to large scale projects, including initiatives with enterprise reach, technology, processes, cross-functional teams and partner team members.
- Partner Relationships - experience with cross-functional teams that include third party expertise. Aptitude to build strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership.
- Project Management Science / Capability - training and application of industry best practice processes and tools regarding the effective management of projects, including, but not limited to, scope, schedule, cost, risk, resource, and issue management.
- Strong Communication Skills - effective planning and execution of communications for team members and stakeholders, both written and verbal.
- Change Management - Experienced in developing and executing Change management processes and plans.
- Adaptability - ability to respond quickly to the demands of the moment. A flexible person who can stay productive when the demands of work pull in many different directions at once. Maintaining effectiveness in a variety of environments.
- Accountability - knows what needs to be done and gets it done. Willingly takes responsibility for project outcomes as a whole; unafraid of owning the results, actions and decisions of self or organization. Committed to follow through to completion.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Recognizes issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed. Chooses appropriate action by formulating clear decision criteria and evaluates options by considering implications and consequences. Implements decisions or initiates action within a reasonable time.
- Building Trust and Operating with Integrity - builds and leverages key relationships within the Businesses, business stakeholders, External experts and project team members.
*LI-NM1 About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.