The Senior project manager position will be responsible for managing one or more highly complex technical projects where internal or external business partners are included as key constituents for the project's success. Senior PM responsibility will vary by initiative, but in general will include, leading project teams, project and portfolio financials, reporting to stakeholders and providing updates to senior leadership. This position works closely, with the broader PMO governance team within the organization. Works closely with cross-functional teams to engage resources and monitor the delivery plan.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of portfolios that spans a broad range of systems and complex travel applications.
- Manages multiple stakeholders geographically dispersed to drive program objectives, ensure scope and approach are understood across stakeholder community.
- - Supports PMO providing implementation support for platforms, across multiple international markets, escalating risks and issues as appropriate.
- Proactively provides technical /functional consultancy to partners and customers throughout the full development life cycle
- - Creates and manages the multiyear road map for complex business travel portfolio.
- - Provides recommendations on resource optimization by suggesting alternative resource channel options, and escalates any resource capacity risks that may affect delivery priorities; using appropriate tools assists in the engagement of delivery teams.
- Uses reporting tools to monitor the progress of the portfolio delivery and ensures timely and effective communication of the status and assessment of risks/issues.
- - Oversees quality assurance and ensures appropriate levels of end-to-end testing are undertaken
Additional Job Description
- -Must have strong understanding of solution development life cycle and various methodologies like Agile, Extreme programming, and waterfall etc.
- -Minimum 8-10 years of increasingly responsible experience, with at least five years of managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment. Able to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands.
- -Experience delivering projects with internet technologies that involves Java /J2EE, NodeJS frameworks is desirable
- Experience in a customer facing role requiring a high level of individual responsibility, sound business judgment, strong financial management and be an effective communicator.
- Recognize and solve problems quickly and escalate as appropriate
- Develops winning strategies:
- - Key: Demonstrates appreciation of wider system design and architectural impacts to overall solution delivery
- - Key: Drives best practices and overall delivery excellence
- Drives results:
- - Key: With an emphasis on reducing cycle time and increasing speed to market of new products
- Drives innovation and change:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to convey technical and financial sizing for requested work efforts
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
A little about us: