About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
Under general supervision, operates Cat Scan equipment, positions patients to produce diagnostic radiographs in a safe manner and performs related duties. POPULATION SERVED:
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served; imaging with and without contrast of cardio-pulmonary, vascular, neuro, GI, GU, GYN, skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases including but not limited to: PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, HNP, oncology, etc. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operates C.T. equipment to make radiographic scans of designated portions of body. Adjusts equipment and patient to correct positions for each examination. Instructs and explains procedures to patients. Selects proper technical factors, on an individual patient basis.
- Performs reconstruction and special processing of data. Evaluates completed radiographs/scans for positioning, technique and adequacy of examination.
- Closely observes patients, performs first aid, as necessary, confers with physician when requested exams appear at odds with the patient's condition, and generally, maintains an acute awareness of any patient under his/her control.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include; pulling jackets, inputting/editing exams, and completion of requisition prior to setting films to be read.
- Records and maintains data on magnetic disc, tape, PACS, and logs. Responsible for correct identification of film, including side and radiological factors.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Arranges attaches or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices to obtain precise position, prevent motion and aid in patient comfort.
- Keeps current regarding developments in trends and techniques of diagnostic Cat Scan by reading technical journals, participating in in-service education programs, attending conferences, etc.
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and personnel.
- Adheres to prescribed standards of Radiation Safety; participates in the Quality Improvement and safety programs.
- Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to hospital policy.
- Provides leadership and supervision of the technical staff to provide for the production of high quality radiologic work. Provides leadership and supervision of non-technical staff in assigned section to provide for orderly workflow and quality performance of duties.
- Interviews applicants, recommends new hires, promote, and terminate employment under the guidance of the Director, and in accordance with Human Resources and Corporate Policies and regulations.
- Initiates counseling sessions in accordance with Positive Performance guidelines. Reports and documents problems relating to staffing morale, work, methods, procedures, transfers, and recommends action in all personnel matter for those personnel assigned to him, in consultation with the Director of Imaging Services.
- Participates in and oversees ongoing program to provide for an organized atmosphere and pleasant appearance of the physical department, especially in those areas accessible to patients.
- Monitors condition, care and maintenance of diagnostic equipment. Provides for documentation of problems, response time of service organization and completion of repair. Deals directly with service organizations to ensure adequate equipment care according to established parameters.
- Other duties as assigned.
ARRT Registered with CT credential
Texas State License as MRT
Current CPR certification
High School Graduate or equivalent
Knowledge of axial anatomy and background in special procedures, E.I. biopsies, and basis knowledge of catheter and biopsy needles, etc.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques.
Knowledge of radiographic physics,
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients.
Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluation techniques, positions, and other related qualities.
Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients during radiographic procedures.
Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired radiographic.
Skill in safe and efficient operation of Cat Scan equipment.
Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date.