Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Lead Release Manager is responsible for driving various teams â€" both internal and external â€" to deliver product development features to the market on a monthly cadence. This position is responsible for identifying product rollout requirements including infrastructure, internal operations, external operations, training, etc., and then developing and executing against a project plan, proactively mitigating risks, and managing the software development life cycle from inception to production launch and post production support. This position requires a strong program manager familiar with the challenges that typically confront technology projects â€" limited resources, conflicting priorities, scope creep, time slippage, etc., and that can work through these challenges, escalating when necessary, and only after exhausting options with internal/external stakeholders.
- Manage Deployment/Release windows â€" both Production and Non-Production environments
- Collaborating across global business and technology organizations, providing sound analysis and change leadership. Building and maintaining strong internal customer relationships is essential as this position will work with Business Partners, internal staff and system integrators on a daily basis to ensure quality assurance is performed in alignment with global initiatives and requirements across the enterprise.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to stakeholders regarding long and short range release delivery requirements and recommend innovations which anticipate the future directions of both business and information technology.
- Provide governance and technical guidance on software components registered for certification and release vehicles. Need to have detail understanding of web applications, database, and infrastructure and configuration management to provide risk analysis on release provided to product team on business decisions.
- Drive implementation of tested system changes with global distributed teams to determine priorities, schedule new builds and releases, and maintain the environment / build planning
- Drives improvement opportunity session with senior stakeholders related to release management, configuration management, release engineering, environment management, and security management.
- Provides problem resolution support, specific to systems and server issues; identifies and resolves system/server problems, coordinating with application users to determine symptoms and ensure accurate problem definition.
- Maintains direct knowledge of all operations management and technical processes, procedures, quality standards, and status of service delivery for all operations-related activities. Proposes systems management process improvements and additions.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of system knowledge of the products.
- Responsible for managing distributed teams across multiple regions and product areas
- Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives, leading global teams at distributed locations preferred
- Interfacing with external business stakeholders.
- Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university and/or relevant experience
- 13+ years of experience with at least 3 years related to program, project and release management/engineering
- Experience in Deployment management; both Production and Non-Production Systems
- Has at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role
- Proactive, innovative, collaborative, and driven to achieve results
- Experience with environment build-out, prep, installs, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Must have experience with SCM tools (GIT, JIRA, WIKI, BAMBOO, JENKINS, BUILDFORGE)
- Proven ability to make sound Risk Management decisions balancing a low tolerance for risk with the need to deliver complex business solutions
- Good communication skills: written and oral, Active listening, seeking to understand others views, communicating at the appropriate level for the audience
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.