The primary function of the Lead Sales Engineer is to market and sell Eaton’s products and services to obtain orders that are profitable to Eaton. The position is expected to achieve electrical distribution and engineering services solutions sales results. This will be expected in the geographic market region consistent with the expectations of seasoned sales professionals. The primary responsibility is to manage the assigned customer base, to increase sales in the local marketplace, application guidance and technical assistance to assigned customers. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, specifiers, and customers including Eaton Authorized Distributors.
The primary functions include: understanding Eaton’s support structure available to sales, including EatonCare; understanding Eaton proprietary systems and software including Bidmanager and VISTA; applying technical knowledge for all products that are involved with the sales assignment; comprehension of project specifications and drawings; ability to gain confidence of customers and become a trusted source of information about Eaton offerings.
Essential job tasks include but are not limited to :
1) Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements; 2) quote projects and negotiate correct required pricing; 3) prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness; 4) build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects; 5) work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues; 6) canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements; 7) assist team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions; 8) obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills.Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of electrical industry experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates mu currently reside within 50 miles of Columbus, Ohio to be considered.
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
- Electrical product knowledge
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
- Skilled in time management
- Possess negotiating skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close orders
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
- Robust presentation, training and communications skills
- Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
- Experience working with Bidmanager and Vista
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of electrical industry sales experience
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.