Eaton Corporation has an
immediate job opening located in Orlando, Florida or Tampa, Florida for a Lead Sales Engineer
supporting Eaton's Mechanical (HVAC and Pumping) Variable Frequency Drives.
The primary function of the Variable
Frequency Drive (VFD) Lead Sales Engineer is to market and sell Eaton’s VFD
products and services into new construction and retrofit projects. The
position is expected to achieve sales results for the “geographic”
region. The primary responsibility is to manage and develop the assigned
customer base of mechanical channel partners and contractors, to increase sales
and share in the local marketplace, and to give application guidance and
technical assistance to assigned customers. This position is expected to
develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, specifiers, and
customers including Eaton Authorized Distributors.
The primary functions include:
- Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance
expectations and requirements.
- Lead daily project bid activity at target customers and
channel partners to accelerate VFD sales and order growth
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to create
product understanding and awareness
- Build relationships with mechanical channel partners,
mechanical contractors, engineering consultants and major end users to
enhance long-term business prospects
- Weekly communication, collaboration and follow up with
local sales teams for VFD project attachment.
- Work with factories to resolve technical issues while
working with customers to resolve quality issues.
- Evaluate market coverage and new mechanical channel
partners to increase market penetration. Assist team to develop a
coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market
- Provide added value to mechanical channel partners and
contractors through application guidance, product knowledge and market
- Obtain ongoing training on both functional and
- Understanding Eaton’s sales support, structure and
systems including: EatonCare, BidManager and VISTA.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of sales, marketing, and/or
engineering experience within the mechanical (HVAC and pumping)
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company
- No relocation is offered for this position. All
candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Orlando, Florida or Tampa, Florida to be
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical
- Experience with a direct VFD competitor in the HVAC /
- Knowledge of motor control and VFD applications
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around
- Knowledge of HVAC & pumping market including
- Skilled in time management
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings,
wiring schematics and specifications
- Possess negotiating skills while understanding and
using techniques needed to close orders
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet
- Robust presentation, training and communications skills
- Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
- Strong work ethic, communications skills,
competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.