Emerging Technology group under Verizon Network Technology and Planning organization is looking for self-motivated and innovative thinking engineering leader in support of Verizon SDN WAN solutions development and deployment. As a manager, you will be managing a small but highly technical engineering team. The team will be responsible for end-to-end system integration and validation of SDN WAN platform solution. You will evaluate, validate SDN ecosystem solutions in support of Verizon SDN WAN use case development and deployment. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage members of technical staffs
- End to end system integration, validation and testing
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) ecosystem development and vendor technical management
- SDN/NFV platform architecture and development
- SDN use cases development in support of Verizon network infrastructure and service
- OSS integration and interface development
- Network infrastructure service orchestration solution development (e.g., Packet/Optical multi-layer service orchestration)
- Network virtual function or application development
- Open source SDN controller and data plane OS evaluation and development
- Participate in open-source and open standard industry collaboration activities
- Open API development in support of Verizon SDN WAN platform infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Network (WAN/LAN) Engineering (both Layer 2 and 3) experience in Service Provider Network or Enterprise Network environment.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering. Even better if you have your MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or EE with modern data communication technology discipline.
- Three or more years of technical leadership and people management experience
- Five or more years of data communication industry experience
- Understanding SDN ecosystem landscape
- In-depth knowledge in both Packet and Optical network technologies
- Industry technology leadership skill
- Understanding of Layer-1 Network Transport Technology (e.g., OTN)
- Understanding of SDN architecture and technology (control plane, data plane, management plane, orchestration, etc.)
- Network or system software development experience
- Multi-vendor system integration
- Open source tools development, implementation, and collaboration experience (Robotframework, Jenkins, Phabricator, Kafka etc.)
- SDN/NFV driven open source project and open standard experience (OVS, OF-DPA, OpenFlow, TTP, ODL, ONOS, Ryu, ONL, KVM, OpenStack, ONL, VM/Docker-Container, Quagga, RouteFlow etc.)
- Open networking, open API, and open platform development experience
- Cloud computing
- Data model and policy driven network design
- Network and configuration management technology experience (NetConf/YANG, OF-Config, OpenConfig, OVSDB etc.)
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.