Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
We are seeking a Lead Information Security Engineer to become a member of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) team.
The IAM platform at VISA:
- Enables a series of policy driven aggregation and centralization technologies for Identities, Business Processes, and Entitlements that allow and promote operational efficiencies and agility whilst governing access and supporting the level of risk acceptable by the enterprise
- Provides a centralized solution for access request, certification and provisioning on top of a consolidated and extensible Identity Warehouse and an Application, Roles and Entitlement Catalog
- Provides roles for aggregation and better governance of entitlements, and automation of provisioning
- Provides Self Service Portal for aggregation of the User Experience
As a Lead Security Engineer, you will:
- Be at the forefront of translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Take a hands on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
- Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
- Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement
- Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a deep subject matter expert with the Oracle Identity and Access Management (OIM, OAM) and SOA software stack
- Be an expert in Weblogic / J2EE technologies
- Have 10+ years of working experience as programmer / developer in a large IT company environment or a product development company
- Have significant integration experience as a software architect
- Have a master's degree in Computer Science preferred with an emphasis on IS/IT majors or minors or equivalent experience in engineering or development organizations where the individual performed complex systems analysis, design and software development and an emphasis on security
- Have good understanding of applied cryptography
- Get extra credits for a CISSP certification
- Be excellent in communication skills and empathy towards customers
- Be able to operate at an intermediate level of written and spoken communication
- Be excellent in interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Be able to present proposals to technical and business audiences
- Have analytical skills to derive and translate business level information into technical specifications and must be able to evaluate technology from a business and technical perspective
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.