Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Lead Installer - SimplexGrinnell (San Diego, CA)
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Fire Protection specialists on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. About the role
- Proficient at maintaining, repairing, installing, and programming conventional and addressable fire alarm systems
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding, working within ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Overtime and Night Shift may be required during busy project schedules\or deadlines.
- Able to direct and supervision installation personal on specific assigned projects
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for
- Five - Eight years experience in addressable and conventional Fire Alarm AND Integrated Security Systems maintenance.
- Two (2) year associate degree in a technical field such as electronics, electricity or equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Networking and computer programming skills desired.
- A bility to troubleshoot and make repairs, unaided by management.
- Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Self starter needed that can work with minimum supervision.
NICET certification Level II or higher in Fire Alarm Systems.
Computer network experience.
Electrical Installation experience.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.