Lead Senior International Tax Analyst (Job Number: 022969)
Deerfield Corp North - 300 WILMOT RD
300 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
The Lead, Senior Tax Analyst will participate and lead on the international tax compliance as well as limited tax planning projects as directed by the Manager, US Int'l Tax.
- Prepares Forms 5471s, 8858s, 8865s and CORPTax tax software
- Works on assigned statement preparation including 351s, 367s and other assigned work
- Prepares other calculations and analysis as directed by Manager, US Int'l Tax
- Prepares other tax filings and analyzes various tax laws, regulations and procedures as required
- Responsible for developing efficient compliance processes, coaching international tax staff on int'l tax compliance.
- Responsible for providing support to Manager, US Int'l Tax for calculations (E&P, FTC, tax basis etc), provision support, sub f quarterly estimates and other.
- Collaborates with group tax in minimizing tax liability through knowledge of tax laws and regulations and best practices especially with regard to sub f analyses, FTC and E&P calculations.
- Assists and participates in mergers & acquisitions, and tax planning initiatives as needed as well as aids in the assessment of transaction among non-US entities.
- Supports IRS and any international audits as required including drafting IDR responses, developing analysis and summary explanations of int'l tax issues and return positions
- Coaches and mentors staff and develops relationships with key stakeholders and support groups.
- Supports the Manager, US Int'l Tax on the preparation and review of the annual and quarterly tax provision related to foreign operations including review of the foreign tax credit calculations.
- Assists in all other projects as required by Manager, US Int'l Tax
- Identifies, recommends, and communicates tax savings opportunities to management and key stakeholders through presentations and periodic reporting.
- Provides advanced knowledge of new and existing tax methodologies by researching new law and attending conferences and seminars in the tax industry.
- Participates in divisional and company-wide projects and programs to develop engagement for division-wide and company-wide initiatives.
- Participates in projects and process improvements for the department.
- Collaborates with other tax functions to implement optimal tax solutions.
- Develops relationships with business units to serve as a partner in the business unit's processes for value creation activities.
- May coach and mentor more junior analysts. Leads and trains staff members on new and existing tax processes and value creation projects.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience with public accounting, corporate tax and/or accounting at a firm, State department of revenue or company OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience with public accounting, corporate tax and/or accounting at a firm, State department of revenue or company.
- At least 2 years of experience with technical tax laws, regulations and interpreting tax laws.
- At least 2 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 1 year of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.