GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Simulation and Modeling Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Simulation and Modeling Engineer will create training simulators for power plant owners and operators. Customers will be able to learn plant operations, prototype control system changes and optimize plant performance using a virtual twin of the power plant.
The Lead Modeling and Simulation Engineer provides technical leadership while developing plant specific training simulators. In this role you will:
* Develop models of gas turbines, steam turbines and combined cycle power plants
* Validate simulator responses match plant operating data and correct discrepancies
* Identify issues with plant design or control system configuration
* Conduct factory and site acceptance tests to demonstrate capability and completeness of simulator to customers
* Support customers remotely and at customer facilities
* Provide technical direction to simulator partners solving control system and operational problems
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Minimum three years of experience in Control Systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Masters Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
* At least three years of experience with GE Mark VIe Control Systems (GE Employees Only)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Self-starter, with the ability to deal with varied and multiple project assignments simultaneously
* Experience developing full scope power plant training simulators
* Experience operating GE Combined Cycle Power Plants
* Strong analytical background in thermal sciences, fluid mechanics, and mathematics
* Experience with C/C++ and FORTRAN software languages
* Experience developing simulators using Easy5, Matlab / Simulink, Pro-TRAX, Dynsim, 3KeyMaster or similar modeling software
* Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) graduate
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Oil & Gas!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.