This position is a consulting level .NET developer position who will report directly to the Manager of Software Engineering at HealthTrust Supply Chain.
A successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of software patterns, software modeling, secure programming principles, test-driven development or another unit testing methodology, and code standards compliance. In addition, this candidate will have a history of increasing responsibility in a small multi-role team. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement solutions with minimal supervision.
This candidate will have a track record of participation in successful projects in a fast-paced, mixed team (consultant and employee), and agile environment. In addition, the applicant must be willing to mentor other developers to prepare them for assuming the responsibilities of higher level developer roles.
The Consulting Software Engineer will be required to learn about integrations with legacy systems. In addition, the applicant will provide on-going technical support for both existing and new applications. The applicant will provide second-level support for existing applications within a group and provide technical guidance for design and platform architecture.
The Consulting Software Engineer must be a highly motivated self-starter, an enthusiastic learner, and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within scheduled timelines. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Closely collaborates with team members to successfully execute development initiatives using Agile practices and principles
• Leads efforts to design, development, deploy, and support software systems
• Integrates new/existing software with existing systems
• Collaborates with business analysts, project lead, management and customers on requirements
• Participates in large-scale development projects involving multiple areas outside of core team
• Designs fit-for-purpose products to ensure products align to the customer's strategic plans and technology road maps
• Demonstrates deep understanding and coaches value based decision making and Agile principles across teams
• Coaches team on existing system structure, constraints and deficiencies with product
• Shares knowledge and experience to contribute to growth of overall team capabilities
• Participates in the deployment, change, configuration, management, administration and maintenance of deployment process and systems
• Focuses on customer satisfaction
• Rapidly prototypes and delivers just-in-time solutions
• Gather requirements, designs, constructs and delivers solutions
• Works in an environment with rapidly changing business requirements and priorities
• Demonstrates deep understanding and acts as a leader in the team's continuous integration and continuous delivery automation pipelineQualifications: EXPERIENCE EDUCATION
- College graduate preferred
• Demonstration of and belief in the Agile mindset.
• Experience with test driven design, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, Web API, HTTP 2, multiple frameworks, and Git strongly preferred.
• 7 years of engineering, delivering and supporting production software products required.
• 7 years working with object-oriented design, SQL, and web programming required.
• Delivery of past software systems with documented value required.
• Strong focus on delivering customer value required.
• Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving abilities required.
• Ability to engineer and build software through multiple languages and tools required.
• Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to work with staff and business required.
• Experience with Scrum and Domain Driven Design preferred.
• Experience building micro services and event driven architecture preferred
• Willingness to learn our business domain required.
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment preferred. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
• Prolonged sitting at a desk
• Some after-hours work will be required
• Some after-hours weekend may will be required
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom