Building on its heritage of more than 70 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
The Manufacturing Technical Operations division residing in Irvine, CA and Lake Forest, CA specializes in Surgical Instrumentation. Alcon offers the industry's most complete line of ophthalmic surgical products, enabling surgeons to achieve the best results for their patients. Our surgical portfolio includes technologies and devices for cataract, retinal, glaucoma and refractive surgery, as well as advanced technology intraocular lenses (ATIOLs) to treat cataracts and refractive errors, like presbyopia and astigmatism. We also provide advanced viscoelastics, surgical solutions, surgical packs, and other disposable products for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery.
Alcon is currently seeking a Sr Lead- Change Mgmt & Communication Expert in the Manufacturing Technical Operations division located in Irvine, CA. The primary scope of this role will be to create value for Alcon and Novartis by supporting business readiness and adoption of Alcon's SAP ERP (IRIS) program. Partners with IT and business leaders and their teams to ensure transparent communication (internal and external), engage stakeholders and enable business driven change. Provide strategic and tactical support of Communications & Change Management (CCM) deliverables for IRIS MANUFACTURING deployments.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Drive execution of established Change Mgt. strategy for the Alcon IRIS program.
• Own Site Communications and Change Mgt. (CCM) project plan.
• Ensure CCM timeline remains directly aligned with deployment activities and deliverable dates are accurately integrated into the overall MANUFACTURING project plan.
• Manage site change impact assessment to ensure all business critical impacts are captured, tracked and mitigated.
• Implement defined change measurement approach and execute change readiness assessments. Define success metrics, analyze results, execute and track proposed remediation actions.
• Manage and track organizational readiness across various stake holder groups against predefined criteria.
• Liaise with Global IRIS Manufacturing CCM, Core IRIS CCM and site teams to drive CCM activities in accordance with organization design and business requirements, goals and strategies.
• Coordinate MANUFACTURING change mgt. related communications during implementation and provide post-implementation support related to business use of the system. Drive supplier and Third Party communications with a focus on a supplier readiness.
• Communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders, including ERP Implementation teams and other Novartis groups. Adhere to Alcon and Novartis standard communications processes, channels and guidelines.
• Primary CCM contact for MANUFACTURING site project team members.
• Develop relations with senior project and business leaders to further develop sustainable CCM strategies and executional tactics within the site.
• Apply global change mgt. and communications solutions, considering site needs and structures, driving process harmonization and ensure proper decision processes with key business stakeholders are maintained.
• Drive local execution in partnership with business leaders and teams.
• Provide CCM Guidance and support to the Site teams.
• Adhere to global CCM established standards.
• Provide counsel and thought-leadership on execution of communication and change plans internally and externally.
• Closely partner with site teams to reinforce understanding of the change, drive adoption and promote business ownership.
• Facilitate knowledge sharing between the site teams across MANUFACTURING.
• Clearly communicate anticipated changes to the site organization; gain cooperative support among the participants, peers and site's leadership for the necessary changes, plans and implements changes and manages barriers to change.
• Ensures creation of content for regional and local publication to continuously communicate about IRIS to drive visibility, recognition and alignment.
• Provide onsite support and coordinate regional implementation to ensure consistency. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting, marketing or other relevant area or equivalent years of directly related experience with the following:
• 5 years of communications experience
• 5 years of experience in change management leadership experience
• 5 years experience with system/product deployment
• Experience with Sr Mgmt communications and interactions to drive results
• Strong project mgt. and communication skills demonstrated by results in cross functional, multi-cultural projects
• Excellent interpersonal and issue management skills
• Ability to drive results and meet project deadlines
• Ability to navigate complex org. structures
• Leads by influencing and able to work successfully in a matrixed organization
• Experience with SAP/ERP systems
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast-paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
A little about us:
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.