Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay is the World’s Marketplace – it’s where the world goes to shop, sell, and give. Our strategy is to deliver the best choice and the most relevance, underpinned by the most powerful selling platform. And our Identity Platform is at the center of all this! We are currently looking for an accomplished Lead/Principal Product Manager to lead our efforts in reducing the pain associated with lost or forgotten passwords, enabling seamless access to our marketplace for buyers and sellers around the world, while maintaining the highest standards of security for our customers and their data.
In this role, you will put the needs of our buyers, sellers, and partners first, and will challenge the status quo. Our Identity Platform consists of both user facing native and web experiences and the underlying services that enable access to eBay accounts for buyers and sellers.
You will manage our existing feature-set and KPIs while helping create & deliver the future strategy, roadmap, and features that will enrich our Identity Platform. You will drive the support for additional authentication factors – both passive and active; industry standards & protocols; and 3rd party IDPs. You help define the policies and a flexible set of APIs for account provisioning, management, identification, and user authentication that is used by our internal Identity solution as well as 1st and 3rd party partners.
You are going to be instrumental in our quest to make the eBay Identity experience second to none. You will deliver highly extensible capabilities, being to “go-to-person” for our Platform roadmap. You will put our customers at the center of eBay’s Identity experience, enabling our promise of “seamless when possible; friction when needed”.
The future of Identity at eBay is exciting! Come be a part of it!
- Define and deliver a feature roadmap that supports eBay’s business imperatives and your internal and external business partners.
- Work in close collaboration with other PMs and partner disciplines such as program managers, designers, development teams, legal, marketing, etc… to gather their early feedback around new sign-in and authentication scenarios/Epics and requirements; secure their buy-in; and ensure smooth execution
- Deliver high quality scenarios/Epics that capture an impactful scope of work with clear KPIs/Metrics that are tracked and optimized to meet your feature goals
- Features are delivered on time, and with quality. Willing to step-up and “do whatever it takes” (no job too small... or too big) to get things done
- Be an expert in all areas regarding your product/features, including the customers, market, technology, competition, analysts, trends and anything else that needs to be considered.
- Have a balance of strong business & technical background, more specifically have proven ability in being the primary product interface and central point of coordination in the definition and execution of products through their lifecycle.
- Experienced in translating customer pain, needs into high-quality scenarios/Epics that are implementation-free and focused on expected outcomes
- Experienced in the Agile methodology, managing one or more Scrum teams, including detailed release and sprint planning; detailed grooming sessions; backlog prioritization based on business imperatives and KPIs/success metrics; etc.
- Experienced in delivering high scale, Identity & Auth service solutions for consumers & businesses
- Possess in-depth understanding of the macro landscape including the various types of product offerings in the Identity space and key players
- Possess deep experience with Identity technologies and standards such as OAuth, OpenID Connect, and FIDO
- Have the ability to manage multiple features simultaneously throughout an Agile software development lifecycle
- Be clear, crisp communicator, who can convey effectively across all levels of a business. Have the ability to persuade others to do what is right for the customer and the company
- Self-motivated, able to make decisions independently
- Strives when facing ambiguity, quickly adjusting to rapid changes
- 7+ years of experience in product management, preferably in large consumer software & services offerings
- Proven experience in Identity & Authentication / IAM, including knowledge of multi-factor authentication technologies such as biometrics and industry standards such as OpenID Connect/OAuth and FIDO
- Proven experience in product & services security and compliance, including familiarity with laws and regulations related to end-user Identity & Privacy
- Familiarity with the Lean Startup Model (Build, Measure, Learn) using MVP to validate product/feature hypothesis first
- Demonstrated success in working within cross functional teams
- Direct experience working with product, technology and standards committees on product platforms, planning and new business opportunities
- Strong problem solving and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience driving numerous parallel initiatives
- BSc. or Bachelor Engineering/Computer Science
- MBA or equivalent is preferred