Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
- Collaboration: Brainstorm and collaborate with Business Owners, Product Managers, UX Visual Designers, Developers, UX Content and other stakeholders to determine user interface needs.
- Software Development: Design and review applications throughout the development lifecycle to ensure integrity of UI architecture and usability guidelines.
- Innovation: Provide thought leadership and create an environment that fosters innovation and a test & learn culture.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10 - 15 years of hands on UI development, design and architecture experience, at least 5 years of working experience in designing and developing UI architecture on a modern web content management platform
- Solid experience on UI architecture and scalable UI framework for a global reusable web experience management platform servicing 50+ web proprieties across the globe in multiple languages
- Experience in solving complex UI challenges, building B2C and external facing highly engaging marketing websites
- Experience in working with user experience experts, design patterns and converting UX design concepts to highly interactive responsive prototypes
- Ability to collaborate with marketing technology executives and UX on mobile strategy and customer experience
- Ability to guide and mentor a globally distributed agile development teams, perform code and design review to ensure highest level of design standards
- Experience in Agile/scrum methodology
- Online portfolio displaying a firm understanding of UI reusability.
- Leader using best practices for web and mobile front end architecture and design.
- Ability to mentor UI developers and enforce best practices and uniformity across projects.
- Start-up minded, with a lean towards action and test & learn practices.
- Working experience on building UI on Adobe Experience Management (AEM) platform is a big plus
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 50601
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.