Power Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Software Developer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Software Developer is responsible for developing software solutions as part of the GE Power software portfolio. The successful candidate will participate in software development projects across a wide variety of technologies and domains. Working with a global team, you will help drive the successful implementation of software to support cutting edge products in power generation and water technologies.
The Lead Software Developer will:
* Develop applications on Predix using that latest tools and frameworks.
* Collaborate with developers within IT and the business to implement solutions for cross-functional IT operations, internal business needs and customer facing applications.
* Collaborate with enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, automation and operations teams to establish continuity between all functions.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of the Software Engineering Maturity Model (SEMM), which is an assessment tool for measuring the effective use of best practices and proper software design patterns at GE Power.
* Build solutions that utilize cloud-native services from a variety of IaaS and PaaS providers, such as AWS and CloudFoundry.
* Utilize DevOps tools and techniques to enable rapid development of quality software.
* Utilize CI/CD tools for automating builds, tests and deployments.
* Present to senior leaders within direct organization.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university (OR Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or Engineering with a minimum 2 years of experience in a information technology, computer science or engineering role)
* 2 years experience with Unix-like operating systems (e.g. Linux, OSX, BSD)
* 2 years experience using Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP)
* 2 years experience using Git
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with object-oriented and service-oriented application development
* Experience with configuration management tools (e.g Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
* Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, TravisCI)
* Experience with PaaS (e.g. CloudFoundry, Heroku, OpenShift)
* Experience with one or more cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.