Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Lead Software Developer, Application Services Commercial/R&D (AS C/R&D) to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible teams building web and mobile software for our commercial and R&D lines of business. The position will be located in Raritan, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Key responsibilities include:
• The Lead Software Developer will play a key role in developing Johnson & Johnson’s Digital Experience across brands, electronic media, and software delivery channels.
• The Lead Software Developer is responsible for research, iterative design, experimentation, and software development on projects delivering CMS enabled commercial brand web sites, native mobile applications for iOS and Android, and internal software focused on employee productivity, sales force automation, and collaboration.
• Lead role in software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of new technologies, and software development.
• A Bachelor's degree is required; A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years of broad IT experience in web and internet technologies is required, preferably in a large global organization.
• Experience with Drupal engineering, including core development, module development, and site development is required.
• Experience with Drupal 7 is required.
• Broad technical delivery experience is required.
• Strong experience with object-oriented development is required.
• Experience working in an agile team is required; working with Test Driven Development is preferred.
• Experience with open source repositories (git) is required.
• Proficiency in unit and functional testing is required.
• Experience with full-stack PHP development (PHP, RESTful APIs and JSON) is preferred.
• Experience with Symfony2 is preferred.
• Experience with iOS or Android is preferred.
• Experience with jQuery, Backbone, Angular, and node.js is preferred.
• Ability to function as part of a team is required.
• Collaboration skills and the ability to build strong win/win relationships with partners are required.