Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
Visa processes 100s of millions of payment transactions per day and has one of the world's most valuable data assets. The Visa Data Product Development organization (DPD) has the mission of "Unleashing the power of Data to drive global commerce". The Data Platform team is responsible for the horizontal data services that drive Visa's data and information products, including, Risk and Authorization, Loyalty and Commercial products. The Merchant Data Platform team builds Visa's Merchant repository and Merchant applications that power critical Visa applications and Business Analytics.
As a Director, you will strategize, define, develop and manage architecture and solutions for Merchant Data Publish and Merchant Data Quality. You will act as a technical expert and leader providing guidance and support to development teams. Superior organization, written communication and verbal communication skills are required.
- Responsible for the delivery of software solutions for publishing Merchant information via APIs on Visa Developer Platform (VDP), Merchant reference tables in relational and non-relational stores, Merchant Profile Services as part of Visa's Data Platform.
- Establishes software development patterns and best practices via examples and shipping code
- Ensures that your development teams follow a common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries
- Guide teams in building scalable, maintainable, supportable innovative solutions to challenging problems in Merchant space/
- Work with Product partners across the organization in defining Product roadmaps, strategy and execution plan for the Merchant domain
- Build, extend Merchant Data Quality framework to pro-actively identify data quality issues prior to data consumption by subscriptions
-Support real time and batch consumption of merchant attributes to variety of subscriptions
- Evangelize Merchant Platform and solutions and increase adoption of Visa's Global Merchant Repository within and outside of Visa.
- Mentor team in achieving technical and development deliverables and build a high performing, world class engineering and data science team
-BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Science, Math
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in architecture and development, 5 years with experience in Data Analytics, building Data driven solutions and frameworks
- Proven knowledge of successful design, architecture and development using Hadoop with large data volumes
- Possesses a deep understanding of text mining, search technology, high volume data processing and web service APIs
- Continuous delivery and Dev Ops experience - infrastructure automation, monitoring, logging, auditing and security implementation and practices
- A minimum of 3 years experience with Hadoop and related technologies is required
- A minimum of 5 years experience with RDBMS development (Oracle, DB2, etc.) is required
- Knowledge of NoSQL stores (e.g. HBASE and Cassandra) technologies is a plus
- Prior experience in managing medium size teams, working with Product Managers in negotiating and managing deliverables, schedules, setting expectations is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.