Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.Description
Under general direction, has duties of instructing, directing, and checking the work of other development personnel. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming. Has good understanding of the business or function for which application is designed. Responsible for quality assurance review. Acts as project leader for projects with small budgets or limited duration. Responsible for directing and monitoring the work of team members. Responsible for project completion and user satisfaction.
- Serve as technical lead on large, complex projects.
- Plans and coordinates the complex design, development, implementation, maintenance, and level 4 support of associated systems.
- Defines deliverables, costs and benefits and ROI.
- Programs, tests, and documents systems in accordance with programming standards and validation procedures.
- Provides software, system and/or programming solutions across projects and/or technologies to meet internal and external needs.
- Engineer systems and/or software, and/or transfer data for internal and external clients.
- Plans and coordinates peer review of work products such as code, designs, and test plans produced by other team members.
- Interact with corporate and project team members to negotiate timelines, responsibilities, and deliverables.
- Provides expert technical advice and solutions for internal and external clients.
- Provide expert review of database development work with regard to programming standards and validation procedures.
- Serves on or may lead company committees and task forces to develop technical solutions for projects or client needs.
- Provides long term evaluations of systems, company wide.
- Update corporate information sets associated with application information, such as PDRS and Application Portfolio database.
- Construct budgets as required and control expenditure to achieve financial objectives.
- Develop and review methods to assess quality and efficiency of work performed by team, including metrics, internal process improvement, Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Meets personal and professional milestones as assigned, and interacts with the project team to organize timelines, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Act as formal line manager for staff including setting goals, appraisal of staff performance and development needs.
- Support staff to achieve their training and development objectives. Identify areas that your team needs to develop to meet future business needs
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft .Net, PeopleTools, Java (based on specific position).
- RDBMS system (expert in one of the following: Oracle, MS SQL Server) SQL, PL/SQL. and/or T-SQL
- Cognos experience preferred
- XML experience preferred
- Possess an expert knowledge in software development tools, practices, and lifecycle methodologies.
- Possess an strong knowledge of the clinical drug development industry, procedures/processes, and regulatory standards.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and technical database skills.
- Possess strong supervisory skills.
- Master's Degree in computer science or related field with a minimum 7 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard and mouse requiring repetitive motion of fingers and wrists
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled