GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We develop software for GE Healthcare's medical diagnostic imaging equipment that can be found all over the world, including the nation's premium healthcare facilities. We tackle the toughest problems in medical technologies and services to save patient lives. This would not be made possible without the talented group of GE software engineers. Come join our team!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
You will have the opportunity to design and develop software for the next generation X-ray products using the latest technologies. You will also lead developing innovative platform solutions for X-ray software.
• Learn X-ray products and their clinical needs
• Translate requirements into design, implement, test and deliver software to highest quality standards
• Work cross functionally with other teams to align activities and deliverables
• Facilitate collaboration with other software engineers
• Apply principles of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies like Agile and Continuous Integration
• Continuously expand technical knowledge, keep abreast of emerging software technologies and apply them to the product software
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in software development
• Proven hands-on experience with object oriented programming languages, primarily C+• Experience working on Linux based platforms
• Working knowledge in configuration management tools
• Strong analytical skills, and experience in software development lifecycle
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.