Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
This position will be part of the newly formed- Customer Digital Experience (CDX) team,
to help drive Fannie Mae's Single-Family transformation initiative.JOB INFORMATION
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects involving application development, migrations, additions to existing applications. Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards. Guide programmers/developers on technical issues.
- Develop or review development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance. Review test results and direct further development.
- May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
- May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production.
- May mentor or guide work of less experienced programming and development staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- At least 10 years of experience as a software developer/architect, with significant exposure to Java technologies.
- At least 5 years as an architect, responsible for making key decisions on software architecture.
- Strong object oriented design skills, understanding of enterprise software design patterns and data structures.
- Proven ability to leverage emerging technologies to address business and technical requirements.
- Experience with server-side architectures and web application development utilizing: Spring, Hibernate, Java/J2EE, REST/SOAP, and Service Oriented Architectures.
- Required Java and related web application engineering skills: JSP, JSF, Servlets, JDBC, HTML (4.0 ), AXIS, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAXB, Hibernate, Springs, Struts, WSDL, XML (SAX, JAXB, JDOM), App Servers, Web Servers, Databases, Web Services, UML and Development tools (Ant, Maven, Eclipse), CVS.
- Experience with JUnit and test driven development.
- Integration build - optional Hudson/ Jenkins.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.