Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced engine engineer to work on a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project. The ideal applicant has demonstrated ability to lead a team of engineers to success, has a vision for how a scalable, performant and technically excellent engine should be built, and has a passion for adopting state of the art rendering technology to implement visually stunning games.
You must be an excellent engineer, collaborating closely with the technical director and other engineering leads to build a technically excellent engine across multiple platforms. You must enjoy collaborating with art and technical art leads, understand the artistic vision of the game and identify the technology needed to achieve and extend that vision. As a leader you will inspire and guide some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the industry as your team builds that technology together. Responsibilities
- Help develop the vision and drive technical excellence in the engine that powers the game.
- Partner with our technical director to contribute to the technical direction for the engine team.
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to achieve and extend the overall vision of the game.
- Stay engaged with state of the art rendering techniques, research and upcoming hardware.
- Ensure the engine team adheres to established coding standards and embraces efficient and robust engineering practices.
- Work with other leads and producers to establish engine related tasks and schedules.
- Evaluate and upgrade the technical skills of engineers on the engine team.
- Serve as an active partner in the game team's leadership.
- Maintain effective relationships with key internal and industry partners.
- Previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership potential
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in AAA game development
- Extensive experience with current rendering algorithms and techniques
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Fluent in C / C
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Deep understanding of engine performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Experience creating or extending reusable engine technology
- Familiar with supporting tools, such as exporters, terrain editors, and pipeline tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for video games
- Experience with modern graphics APIs such as DirectX 11/12, OpenGL, Vulkan, or Metal
Required Application Materials
- Previous experience working on first-person or other action-oriented games.
- Computer science or related degree
- Passion for technology
- Familiar with Blizzard games
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.