Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced engineer to lead the Heroes of the Storm graphics team. You will work closely with other engineers, artists, and designers to help improve our graphics technology. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment to complement our full range of benefits.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California. Responsibilities
- Help develop the future vision and drive the evolution of the engine that powers Heroes of the Storm.
- Partner with our technical director to contribute to the technical direction for the graphics team.
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to achieve the overall vision of the game.
- Ensure the graphics team adheres to established coding standards and embraces efficient and robust engineering practices.
- Work with other leads and producers to establish graphics related tasks and schedules.
- Partner with our engineering manager to evaluate and upgrade the technical skills of engineers on the graphics team.
- Serve as an active partner in the game team's leadership.
- Previous leadership experience or leadership potential
- Extensive experience with current graphics / rendering technology
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Fluent in C / C
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Deep understanding of tradeoffs in engine performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Familiar with supporting tools, such as exporters, terrain editors, and pipeline tools
- Comfortable working within, and analyzing / improving, an established code base
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Computer science or related degree
- Passion for technology
- Familiar with Blizzard games
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.