Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorship's, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa is seeking a Lead SW Engineer within the Loyalty Product Development team which is a part of Visa's Data organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ Information products and services for Visa's Loyalty line of products. This position will be based in Foster City. This position is ideal for an experienced tech lead/SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development, testing, and automation.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation.
- Lead the development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Design, code and integrate application business layer with external application components.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Several years of hands on development experience with Open-Source, Big-Data technologies
- Proficiency in Java (including Java 8 features), Data Structures, Algorithms
- Hands on experience with java, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive
- Hands on experience with at least one open-source no-SQL database such Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB (Hbase preferred)
- Hands on experience with messaging technologies like Kafka, Rabbit MQ or JMS , IBM MQ (Kafka preferred)
- Hands-on experience in developing and supporting business applications for large corporations with experience in both batch and online systems
- Experience with n-tier web application development and experience in J2EE based frameworks
- Demonstrated Expertise with Web Service development using REST, JSON, XML
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation,
- Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Chef
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.