GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help lay the foundation for our next generation of scanners based on the latest technologies. Agile development principles and continuous customer engagement help us stay ahead of today's fast-paced medical technology marketplace and provide our customers with the best performing, highest quality and easiest to use products possible today.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. As a software developer understand MR clinical needs and translate those to viable product features and requirements.
2. Responsibility across the full development lifecycle of requirements, design, implementation and testing.
3. Design and create simple solutions to complex problems
4. Live for continuous improvement
5. Expect top tier quality from yourself and your peers
6. Research new tools and technologies to keep our software on the cutting edge
7. Champion collaboration within and between teams
8. Learn and advance the state of the art in areas including, but not limited to:
a. User Interface and Modern user workflow
b. DICOM image creation and management
c. State machine design for controlling the scanner
d. Patient and prescription data management
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
2. 5+ years of experience in object oriented design and programming in a production software environment
3. Experienced with unit testing and continuous integration
4. Familiar with version control or configuration management and software build
5. Proven knowledge of the Software development lifecycle in product delivery and maintenance
6. Experience in design and development of software architecture using established design patterns
7. Strong problem solving abilities
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
2. Aware of and comply with the Quality Management Policy.
3. Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements for medical devices in all design outputs and program deliverables
1. Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
2. Technical leadership experience and strong understanding of algorithms, scalability and fault tolerance in product software
3. 10+ years of experience with Java, C++, or another object-oriented language in a production software environment
4. Experience with agile principles and methodologies
5. Experience with defensive programming (secure by design)
6. Experience with automated testing and code analysis
7. Experience publishing and consuming web services and RESTful APIs
8. Familiarity with Linux
9. Proven knowledge of Software development cycle and product delivery as applicable to the medical device industry
10. Additional plusses include:
a. Experience with the Spring framework
c. Pair programming experience
d. Experience with software analysis and quality tools (e.g. SonarQube)
e. Experience with modern messaging queues (e.g. ActiveMQ)
f. Experience with OSGi (e.g. Apache Karaf)
Locations: United States ; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.