Lead Software Engineer - R&D Job Description
The RealSense group of Intel Corporation is looking to fill the position of Lead Software Engineer - Research and Development to work on sensing products for consumer and professional markets. This position is within the Systems Innovation Group, responsible for forward-looking research and development in computer vision using novel camera technologies.
In this position, the candidate will drive the definition, prototyping, and development of new software for mixed reality, smart spaces, and robotics. Furthermore, this role requires team leadership, and ideal candidates will have hands-on experience mentoring and improving the quality and efficiency of software developed by teammates.
- The candidate should demonstrate top-notch communication skills in addition to deep technical expertise.
- Provide team leadership, technical feedback, and mentoring. Perform regular code reviews of peers and improve overall software engineering process of the team.
- Craft tools, techniques, algorithms, and systems in C towards solving problems at the intersection of computer graphics and computer vision. Profiling and debugging of algorithms towards their use in real-time applications.
- Quickly analyze new software components developed by teammates and refactor, optimize, and re-architect these solutions into a unified and re-usable codebase.
- Design and implement clear, domain-specific APIs.
- Write clear, elegant, and maintainable code debug tricky problems that span multiple layers of software prioritize group efforts.
- Jump into new problem domains, read and implement state-of-the-art research papers, and collaboratively document and share knowledge across the broad organization.
- Occasionally dive into commercial game engines including Unity and Unreal to support team-wide prototype execution.
- Occasionally develop and collaborate on polished demo experiences showcasing key technology developed by the team.
Qualifications:- Bachelor's degree 5-8 years C experience, including modern C 11 Deep experience with 3D mathematics linear algebra, coordinate systems, quaternions, etc and ability to think across 3D coordinate systems. Nice to Have:- Master's degree in CS or related degree with a strong focus 3D mathematics Experience in basic data science including statistical analysis and visualization Expertise in modern machine learning and numerical optimization techniques Python and related machine learning APIs Tensorflow, etcInside this Business Group
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG).Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.