Lead Software Engineer
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Software Engineers with different levels of expertise from leading technical design to developing technical capabilities for the enterprise to solving for Capital One diverse and complex Identity and Access management needs. If you are up to it, you will have the opportunity to write beautiful code, while also providing functional, technical, and/or process leadership and mentoring software engineers on complex and high priority, high visibility and high impact technology projects.
- Own technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform applications
- Analyze, define and document requirements for logical access control technologies and processes to secure access to tools, platforms and services
- Drive tactical delivery
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Partner with business stakeholders, product managers (PMs), and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development
- Collaborate with teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues
- Follow company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Advice on key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Experience managing large scale software development projects through complete release cycles and working with cross-functional business and technology teams
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- At least 3 years of experience with RDBMS
- At least 1 year of experience with NoSQL
- At least 3 years of experience with Java 7+
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS
- Master's Degree
- 4+ years experience in software development
- 3+ years experience in Agile practices
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.