Lead Software Engineer, Tools
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the HearthStone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making the game development process faster and easier. This position's primary responsibility will be to provide technical mentorship and guidance for a small team of engineers that create and support the various software tools that are used in the development of HearthStone. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.Responsibilities
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance for a small team of engineers.
- Help improve the way that HearthStone is developed through the design, implementation and support of various software tools.
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and manage schedule requirements.
- Work with the Technical Director to promote and apply the core values of the HearthStone engineering team.
- Review completed engineering tasks in collaboration with the production staff and other leads.
- Maintain a basic familiarity with HearthStone's design.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in programming software.
- Previous leadership experience or very strong leadership potential.
- Strong programming skills, including previous experience implementing tools for production games.
- Strong passion for making the development process faster and easier.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays a service-oriented attitude towards other departments. Willing to work in an environment where engineering is viewed as a force-multiplier for other disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Strong, proven C and C# skills.
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- High comfort level extending and improving an established code base.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
Required Application Materials
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Previous experience supporting and shipping AAA game titles.
- Experience developing on the Unity platform.
- Experience with tools in the artist pipeline, specifically Maya and Perforce.
- iOS or Android development experience.
- Extensive Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
- Cover Letter which should include:
o Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
o What games you are currently playing
** Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.