Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies
taking on the toughest challenges. GE operates in 160 countries and employs
more than 300,000 people worldwide, finding solutions in energy, health and
home, transportation and finance to build, power, move and cure the world. Not
just imagining. Doing.
GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile,
analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. Called Predix,
GE's software platform for the Industrial Internet enables asset and operations
optimization by providing a standard way to run industrial-scale analytics and
connect machines, data, and people. Deployed on machines, on-premise, or in the
cloud, Predix combines an industry-leading stack of technologies for
distributed computing and big data analytics, asset management,
machine-to-machine communication, and mobility.
GE has 24 predictivity technologies powered by Predix that will enable global
industries to achieve outcomes such as minimal unplanned downtime, increased
productivity, preventive maintenance, lower fuel costs, and reduced emissions.
GE is also expanding its ecosystem to include AT&T, Cisco and Intel, which
will boost wired and wireless machine connectivity. At GE, we believe it's
about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing.
It's about making the world work better Business Overview: At GE Digital, we
are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and
cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an
open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making
infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the
world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy,
healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work
better. Stay connected with us. Join our Talent Community!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Solution Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
In this strategic technical pre-sales position, the Predix Solution Architect will establish a trusted advisor relationship with our external customers, internal technical teams, channel partners and strategic alliances.
This individual will collaborate with internal GE Digital
software development teams, product management teams, commercial sales teams
and partners to engage with strategic customers to build their applications on
Predix. You will be a strong voice for our customers, bringing Predix software
capabilities to our customers that enable them to deliver on their desired
business outcomes. You will also engage with Predix partners to ensure the
richest sets of capabilities are brought to our customers.
Key responsibilities include:
* Team with Sales and Channel Partners to develop a sales
strategy that efficiently identifies valued customer outcomes, qualifies a
sales opportunity, then identifies and demonstrates the value and fit of GE
Predix and Predictivity solutions, in order to achieve the company's sales
* Predix and Industrial Internet technical advisor and
evangelist for channel partners and strategic alliances.
* Engage with customers to identify the transformation
business model capabilities (including their current IT & OT environment
and future state vision for data & analytics) that are possible through the
* Establish a deep understanding of our customers business and
technical needs in order to help design with our GE Labs team the appropriate
applications to build on our industrial internet platform, Predix, or
collaborate with a partner on existing applications.
* Create a "trusted technical advisor" relationship with our
customer's technologists and internal technical teammates.
* Develop solution architecture framework to support solution
selling on an enterprise level supported by a business case and roadmap
tailored for the customer, which could be a combination of GE and partner
* Provide vision, define system and application architecture,
problem anticipation and problem solving ability across the landscape of our
* Lead customer facing deep technical whitebaord sessions
aligning our current SW capabilities plus our product roadmaps with our
customer's business outcomes.
* Drive key customer facing meetings and events, particularly
C level discussions.
* Evangelize GE technology platform and applications in
appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest and identify
potential partner solutions for value add.
* Build link to Outcome selling model to ensure architecture
views are properly integrated in our GTM messaging, assessments, RFP's and
* Develop evolution path and migration plans for key GE
customers from their current state to the target GE Digital Strategy by
deploying industrial internet offerings, which could include partner offerings
in concert with other GE Products & Services.
* Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering
significant strategic initiatives with key stakeholders (customers, partners
and GE teammates).
* Be part of a sales team that meets and exceeds monthly,
quarterly and annual sales goals.
* Identify and remove technical obstacles that could prevent a
* Deliver solution demonstrations that focus on the customers'
* Bachelor's Degree in business, science, engineering,
technology or related discipline
* Minimum 10+ years' work experience in Software pre-sales
* Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United
* Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening,
including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, and
* Must be able to travel 50%+ of the time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Significant expertise in developing, selling, and delivering
SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track
record of success
* Deep understanding of the technology stack to include OS,
DB, middleware, application layer, virtualization and cloud technologies
* Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and
curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution
direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all
* Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand
complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can
* Masters' degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
* Demonstrated strong business acumen, problem solving and
creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on
market and customer trends - go beyond the status quo
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage
diversity and drive for results
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.