GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Sourcing Specialist - Tender and Project Sourcing
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Sourcing Specialist - Tender and Project Sourcing will be responsible for implementing the strategy for subcontractors and site works for a large substation project. This role is responsible for achieving the project schedule and scope with competitive cost and effective contracts.
As the Lead Sourcing Specialist - Tender and Project Sourcing, you will:
* Identify and qualify subcontractors, quote, assess and negotiate contracts and costs for subcontractors and site works in support of large substation project execution.
* Work closely with engineering, operations, and construction teams to understand timelines and requirements for supplier identification, qualification, and selection in execution stage
* Coordinate with commodity owners to ensure suppliers are quoted and selected that can meet quality, specifications, timelines and cost parameters of budget and are aligned with global sourcing strategies
* Negotiate project-specific agreements for subcontracts and site works as well as obtain required supplier commercial and financial documents to add or update records for active suppliers in the Supplier Master File
* Ensure compliance with GE Energy Connections sourcing policies
* Bachelors Degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of three years of experience with sourcing (i.e.contracting and negotiation) of construction labor and servicesELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability and willingness to travel domestic & internationally 20% of the time; Must comply with all relevant company travel and tax policies
* Must be willing to work out of a GE office location in Atlanta, Georgia. Other GE office locations may be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelors degree in business or technical discipline
* Experience in utility construction sourcing
* Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) and/or financial experience
* Experience sourcing construction services and civil / site works
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Negotiation expertise
* Strategic thinker / planner
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills
* Proven project management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver results on time and in budget
* Demonstrated change agent
* Able to develop a strategy and drive execution in a matrixed environment
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.