Under general direction of the Manager of Applications Development the incumbent is responsible for the general [Tier II / Level 2] support of Web6 (e-Commerce System). Duties include but are not limited to responding to service requests and production incidents, creation/maintenance of knowledgebase articles, RCA write-ups, follow up with business representative and IT. General knowledge of integration, and maintenance of systems software - specifically focused on Microsoft .NET technologies is required, background in eCommerce in a B2B preferred. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Provides technical leadership in the diagnosis and resolution of issues utilizing advanced application debugging within the Web6 eCommerce system.
- Designs and develops web applications and tools to improve the supportability of the system.
- Responds to Service Requests within the given SLA.
- Works through production issues (incidents) until service is resumed.
- Works with users and other teams to come up with possible workarounds to problems.
- Report defects found in Pre-Production and Production to QA and Development teams; work closely with these teams to ensure timely resolution of these issues
- Provide after-hours on-call support to issues as they arise and works to schedule associated 24X7 coverage with other team members.
- Conducts root cause analysis (RCA) with related teams, including but not limited to development, operations, service management, quality assurance and end-users.
- Identifies and resolves system defects during emergencies in order to provide continuous business operations.
- Interacts with project manager, business analysts and development staff regarding project status and user requirements to promote an environment with improved productivity and satisfaction.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and training for entry-level team members.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires some training in fields such as computer sciences/information systems or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Thorough understanding of production level support methods is required.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Candidate must possess a minimum 5 years of custom software support based on Microsoft .Net technologies
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Candidate must be detail- oriented and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to a prioritize a multi-stream work load and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Development experience in ASP.Net MVC 4/5
- Development experience in Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Development experience with Microsoft SQL Server programming is required
- Development experience creating custom web parts and features using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 is required
- Understanding of object-oriented programming & design along with design patterns knowledge
- Experience with design and development of service oriented architecture (SOA). Includes experience with Web Services, Remoting, SOAP and WCF.
- Experience in Content Management System (CMS) development utilizing Kentico or similar software such as SiteCore
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.