Lead Surgical Technician - CV Operating Room
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Webster, Texas
Posted: November 08, 2017
Reference ID: 01533-87179
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center - Webster, Texas Lead Surgical Tech - CV Operating Room Responsibilities:
- Provides direct patient care to infant through geriatric patients.
- Addresses the physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment.
- Communicates with surgeon continuously as needed about the patient's condition.
- Assist surgeon during operative and invasive procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Assesses operating room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the surgical operating team are met.
- Assist with the positioning and prepping of the patient.
- Current National Surgical Technologist certification preferred. Those who do NOT have certification must have surgical technologists experience prior to 2009.
- BLS required.
- One (1) year operating room experience required. CV Operating Room experience is required.