Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Payments are a very exciting and fast-developing area with a lot of new and innovative ideas coming to market. With strong demand for new solutions in this space, it promises to be an exciting area of innovation for the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is a strong leader in the payment industry, and is rapidly transitioning into a technology company with significant investments in this area.
If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast and make big impacts, VISA Risk and Authentication group is an ideal place for you!
The Risk development group is responsible for building critical risk and fraud prevention applications and services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be one of the leaders of the RISK development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be designing brand-new software solutions, and at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our customers. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and extensive knowledge of Database, J2EE and B2B/B2C technologies. The
candidate will be extensively involved in leading hands-on software engineering activities including POCs, architecture, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. You will also help and guide junior team members.Qualifications
- Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of new data driven business solutions.
- Making high-level technical decisions about architecture and staying on top of cutting edge technology
- Building technical roadmaps and prioritizing front-end development projects.
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards. Responsibilities span all phases of solution development including:
- Partnering with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding of all
requirements; deep understanding of the business needs is important.
- Collaborating and aligning with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture
- Leading team to deliver on all code commitments and ensure a complete end to end
solution that meets and exceeds business expectations.
- Facilitating design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Facilitating code reviews with team members and third party vendors.
- Identifying proper service metrics and measurements for ensuring performance against Service Level Agreements
- Working with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation.
- Collaborate with senior technical staff and PM to identify, document, plan contingency, track and manage risks and issues until all are resolved
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Lead the development team in all aspects of SW development and service delivery
- Mentor junior engineers
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.