Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is
one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates
global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions,
merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial
institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit,
prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide
consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure,
convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and
The successful candidate will be a software engineer in the Visa Data
Platform. The primary responsibility would be to support and enhance
application infrastructure of Data Platform.
The candidate will work with the development team, project/product management, UNIX engineering, Network engineering, Storage engineering to translate the application requirements into the systems ones; work with business to resolve customer problems; demonstrate a combination of vision, leadership and technical skills. Candidate will be doing design and support various aspects of infrastructure for Data Platform, which store and process large volumes of data, including: failover, business recovery, clustering, job scheduling, monitoring, security, backup, multiple environments, code promotion and deployment, logging, capacity planning, problem resolution, maintain best practice documentation suite. He will be involved in enterprise-wide initiatives in the areas of security, virtualization, cost saving. Key duty areas are:
• Hardware and Software integration and inventory (Application SOE) - Solution Engineering. Constant coordination and communication across business lines and with engineering to keep domains aligned from business and technology perspectives
• Application design patterns development and maintenance (Research and POC)
• Application standards and conventions and best practices (Development practices within shared infrastructure) as well as Lessons Learned and Continuous Process Improvement (SDLC)
• Capacity and Performance management
• Cost profile (Service pricing and Cost allocation model)
• Code management and configuration management
Successful candidate will spend 30% on 3rd level of application/infrastructure support, 30% in code development, 30% in system/application administration and 10% in business process enhancements.
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting business applications for large corporations with experience in both batch and online systems.
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with C++/Java code development.
• Minimum of 3 or more years of Ab Initio (or another ETL tool) experience.
• Expert in best practices for Data Marts and Enterprise DW architectures.
• Combination of Hadoop MapReduce/Hive/Pig experiences.
• Relational database and SQL development experience required; extensive knowledge of DB2 (3 years of experience or more) and other relational databases (such as Oracle) a plus.
• Development experience in a cross-platform, multi-tier environment.
• In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle required.
• Ability to develop code that follows established coding guidelines.
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
• Proficient in project design.
• Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough.
More than 5 years of experience in software development with at least 3 years in large databases (10 TB+) environment and high volume ETL systems. Strong working knowledge of RDBMS (DB2 UDB/Oracle), Data modeling, Big Data, Ab Initio, AIX systems administration, Korn Shell or Perl scripting, Microstrategy, Networking and Storage. Experience with capacity planning, system tuning, QA methodology and certified development methodology process. A minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or engineering, Master degree is strongly preferred. Very strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. Should have analytical skills for debugging problems within a complicated ETL/Big Data environment. Must be a visionary team leader with high enthusiasm and strong-team oriented focus. Willingness to work closely with customers, strategic partners and project managers as is the ability to multi-task under pressure. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, coordinating multiple concurrent assigns on a variety of VISA programs.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.