Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries - including more than half the Fortune 1000 - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, services, and distribution.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 4,000 people worldwide.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.Responsibilities:
You will be an integral part in the development of a brand new, cutting-edge user experience that will change the way our users access and interact with their workforce data. As part of a truly collaborative team, you will work directly with developers who are building a new UI, semantic layer, and data access layer for our flagship workforce management solution.
We are small, highly innovative team with a start-up feel, while still having the resources of a successful billion-dollar company. Our open environment stimulates teamwork, agile development, and the sharing of innovative ideas/coding practices.
- Provide technical leadership to development team
- Collaborate closely with architects and senior members of your scrum team to understand and implement your team's epics and stories.
- Ensure adherence of the development team to the architectural vision of the product and also ensuring that associated designs follow that vision
- Bring enthusiasm to the team, participating in design discussions and writing well-designed, testable, performant and high-quality code.
- Participate in providing suitable technical documentation (design documents, usability guides etc.) as required.
- Participate in estimating the work required for new features or components.
- 8+ years of experience in delivering leading-edge interactive software
- Understanding of web technologies and responsive UI development
- Experience in development of scalable / high performing data access middleware
- Industry-leading expertise in Java with hands on experience in Java8 programming
- Experience working within a truly agile development team
- Preferably, experience in API implementations (SOAP / REST) for distributed service based architecture.
- Exposure to Selenium automation tool is a plus.
The ideal candidate will also have the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of Linux command line / Linux Administration
- Knowledge of node.js, asynchronous programming, and web sockets
- Experience with AngularJS, AngularJS Modules and Libraries
- Experience building highly performing, scalable, configurable UI and semantic software layers.
At Kronos, we believe great businesses are powered by great people.