• Extensive experience and intimate knowledge of low-power systems electronics for medical devices including RF, analog, digital electronics, and firmware.
• Track record in medical device design from concept to productization
• Expertise in low-power electronics design
• Experience in translating user requirements to electrical engineering requirement for medical devices
• Extensive experience and intimate knowledge in design for reliability, testability, and manufacturability for medical devices
• Extensive experience and intimate knowledge of Electronics systems modelling and associated tools
• Track record in using new technologies in the field of integrated circuits, integration technologies, miniature batteries.
• Demonstrated skills in IP generation through granted patents
• Experience in in-vivo validation of electronic components
• PhD or equivalent in experience
• Experience in reliability engineering and failure mechanisms of electronics and electronics components.
• Experience in Class III neuromodulation devices
• Strong project management skills
• Deep understanding of ISO/IEC/IEEE standards regulating the design, testing, and validation of implantable medical devices.
** We will provide relocation support where applicable, final working location is likely to be US West Coast - TBC **
The successful candidate will join the Bioelectronics R&D and Neuromodulation Devices team and will be accountable for:
• Defining strategy and associated budget on the development of systems electronics for miniature neuromodulation devices
• Select and hiring work force to develop critical parts of software system.
• Owning the electronics architecture of implantable and external components of neuromodulation devices
• Specifying, architect, and design the systems electronics architecture
• Creating specifications for Custom Integrated Circuits design and work with Integrated Circuit designers for novel components.
• Bringing system level solutions to the challenges of miniature and low-power implants and protect these solutions with patents.
• Implementing Design for Testability, Manufacturability, and Reliability for commercialization.
• Owning the verification of systems electronics for neuromodulation implants and external accessories
• Adopting best practices and standard way of working towards the certification of our devices for human use.
• Working with Quality Engineering and Regulatory team and ensure the compliance of our neuromodulation devices with standards
• Working with test engineers to define best test methodologies and validate the performance of our neuromodulation devices
• Working with the treatment programmer leaders to ensure that the electronics are compliant with treatment requirements
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.