GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Systems Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead System Engineer will be responsible for leading the design and development of GE Transportation's Self Aware Train products. These products include the Car and Rail Integrity Monitoring systems as well as the Track Inspection systems. Additionally, the successful candidate will work closely with Product Management and railroad customers to develop world class prognostic solutions to improve railroad asset reliability and availability.
In addition, you will:
* Lead and contribute to the execution of the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirement.
* Be responsible for leading the development of System - Subsystem Level Design requirements, Product Descriptions, ICD's, FMEA's, DFSS / DFR Scorecards, Engineering Support Requests, and other input documents.
* Work collaboratively with third-party vendors on development and integration of products/sub-systems, into overall system solutions to be provided to customers.
* Work with Principal Engineers to generate and execute design review matrix and reviews.
* Work with Test Engineering to define System Validation Plans and work with Test Engineers to ensure traceability to verifications cross reference matrices.
* Lead and participate in technical and program reviews.
* Contribute to the development of technical concepts, solution, risks / mitigation plans, and engineering cost estimates on proposals.
* Maintain broad awareness of technical trends to ensure technical quality excellence, timely completion of work, and reviews and responsiveness to customer/program needs.
* Be a Technical leader for the projects across global cross functional teams (Customers, product / program management, SW COE, Electrical Integration, Train Control, Office systems, and Safety and Applications engineering) assuring 'cradle to grave'success.
* Partner with Resource Managers, Program Management, and Project / Application Engineers to develop roll out and deployment plans.
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or development.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum of 5 years hands-on design, requirements development and implementation experience involving; Engineering Systems, Hardware / Software Engineering, and/or Data Information Systems
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science.
• Self-starter with the ability to lead design efforts with minimum supervision.
• Experience working in systems including; Ethernet, TCP / IP, and Short range / Long range wireless communication technology (WiFi, CDMA / GSM, etc.).
• Knowledge in track, wayside equipment and Railroad Operating Practices.
• Background in System Design and Validation on systems involving; Microprocessors and Communication Peripherals.
• Embedded programming and/or experience with real time operating systems.
• Experience with big data analytics and SaaS.
• Experience with video graphics processing and machine learning.
• Experience with DOORs Requirements Management Tools.
• Experience with MATLAB modeling development.
• Experience with System Testing Processes, Tools, and Automation.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional, global environment.
• Ability to engage and build positive relationships with both customers and internal and external employees.
• Customer Technical Interface experience.
• Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality Certification.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Understanding of engineering standards including; IEEE
• Knowledge of AAR and CENELEC norms for the rail industry.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.