GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This role works in close collaboration with the cross-functional engineers, clinical applications, scientists, customers, marketing team and field teams to define and develop new product technologies to meet customer needs. The Systems Scientist position distinguishes itself through a high emphasis on new product innovations and a strong focus on image/signal quality, system safety, System Power consumption and system calibration to drive significant design improvements in product architecture.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Establish formal GEHC MRI Procedures to measure power consumption and cooling performance. These procedures will be used, in conjunction with the functional teams, to establish the content of marketing and installation materials, and be used to support regulatory submissions. Activities include requirements development, traceability and flow down, architecture / system design and analysis
2. Working with cross-functional engineers, marketing managers, product definition team, and chief engineers to define system requirements for new products and technology roadmaps
3. Working across functions and team boundaries to define, design, and implement technology solutions on new product introductions
4. Using broad technical expertise and experience to help resolve complex design issues with current products
5. Providing domain expertise to own/lead technical design reviews, investigation of technical risks, as well as providing innovative solutions to achieve optimal system performance
6. Developing methods to quantify subsystem interactions and their effects on system performance and image/signal quality.
7. Developing requirements for key system performance parameters as they relate to image/signal quality, system safety, performance and calibration
8. Driving system tradeoff discussions within new product developments by having a full understanding of system architecture and interfaces
9. Investigating customer questions and complaints to provide technical answers and solutions
10. Providing technical leadership for project execution
11. Implementing and teaching engineering principles and standards
12. Driving innovation for competitive technical differentiation
13. Mentoring junior engineers in area of expertise
1) Master's Degree with 3 years relevant work experience (or Ph.D. Degree) in Engineering or Life Sciences: Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, or a closely related field
2) Strong understanding of (modality) physics, (modality) Hardware knowledge, imaging/signal processing fundamentals
3) Broad exposure to HW/SW/Systems design, and technical depth in one or more engineering disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, etc)
4) Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems
5) Effective communication skills - ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
6) Demonstrated ability to pursue tasks to completion
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1) Ph.D. Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences: Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, or a closely related field
2) Demonstrated record of innovation in technology development
3) Proficient in the use of software tools for analysis, modeling and simulations
4) Experience with modality specific device operation and troubleshooting issues
5) Excellent oral and written communication skills
6) Experience with research collaborations
7) Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
8) Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
9) Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, matrixed, and customer focused environment
10) Excellent communication, influencing skills and ability to gain buy-in for initiatives
Locations: United States ; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.