What you will do
Under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete HVAC controls systems projects with assigned customers. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout. Responsible for the overall financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project billings, and collections. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results. Actively pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards. How you will do it
What we look for Required
- Completes typical installation hardware design and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers and subcontractors.
- Actively pursues additional work through change orders.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issues bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes.
- Communicates both technical and business related issues with the clients.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions.
- May request several bids in pricing process.
- Oversees subcontractor payment and billing processes.
- Completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers as required.
- Validates complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Provides accurate project as- build and commissioning documentation.
- Manages costs, billings, and collections.
- Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Provides coaching and mentoring on-the-job to System Technicians and System Designers. Provides technical assistance to subcontractors.
- Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
- Sends warranty letter to JCI customer upon substantial completion of project and ensures proper execution of warranty.
- Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been trained.
- Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Technical degree or seven equivalent years of field experience in the HVAC industry
- Experience programming control panels
- Ability to be trained and adapt in cross functional team environment
- Strong computer kills
- Strong ability to communicate at all levels
- Must be very organized and have excellent time management
- Financial acumen
- Minimum of a technical Associates Degree with five years of field experience or seven years of equivalent related field experience in the HVAC industry.
- Must have relevant technical hands on experience in systems design and commissioning of digital HVAC controls systems.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently.
- Strong personal computer skills.
- Must have knowledge of control Theory and HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .