RSM is looking for a dynamic Manager to join our Local Market Group in our New York office. As part of the team, the Manager will be responsible for:
- Perform reviews and compilations for private companies in various industries such as professional services, manufacturing, distribution, real estate, technology and health care.
- Oversee the bookkeepers and preparation and analyzing of QuickBooks financial statements for the client and maintain communication as appropriate.
- Review the month end close process for clients including various general ledger account reconciliations and maintenance of the client’s fixed assets schedule.
- Oversee the payroll function, after the fact payroll and employment taxes.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives, and utilize that knowledge on the engagement.
- Develop and communicate with the client recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Maintain a good working relationship with client personnel to enhance customer satisfaction, and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform assurance services.
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor assigned staff and interns on the review and compilation process, and assess the performance of the staff for their engagement review.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular and consistent basis.
Required Qualifications and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and equivalent work experience of 4+ years in either public accounting or private industry
CPA, CA or EA designation
- Strong analytical, technical and accounting skills, including proficiency in US GAAP.
- Exceptional client service with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships is expected.
- Strong leadership, development, training and mentoring skills.
- Experience in performing or assisting with month end close procedures.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.