GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a division of General Electric Company,GE Transportationis a global technology leader and supplier to the railroad, mining, marine, stationary power, and drilling industries. We drive change and progress - by rail and across oceans. We go farther and dig deeper, with advanced technology that connects people, data and machines, so resources can be gathered, goods can be transported and economies can thrive. GE Transportation is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and employs approximately 12,000 employees worldwide. Learn more about GE Transportation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Services
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The GE Transportation RailDOCS product support team is seeking experienced customer support professionals. In the role of Lead Technical Support Specialist you will provide software support and accurate resolutions to all RailDOCS application users via inbound calls and email, while offering a convenient and accessible central point of contact for all RailDOCS users.
In addition you will:
* Provide RailDOCS application support by providing guidance and resolutions that are specific to each individual caller's needs via email and inbound calls
* Track customer requests, issues, and resolutions from discussion through resolution, and provide status updates to customers as necessary via e-mail and phone call
* Research, document, and perform in-depth investigation using proper issue research protocol to resolve issues prior to further escalation to support supervisors and operations support
* Provide proactive solutions for continual improvement of customer satisfaction and achievement of product support goals
* Other projects as assigned by the product team or services manager
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years experience in Raildocs support or technical support
* A minimum of 5 years in a related position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong customer service experience with some technical knowledge
* At least 2 years in a high call volume environment preferred
* Fluent in French both spoken and written
* Experience in transportation industry, railroad industry, or Software-as-a-Service support, fluent computer skills, internet, and web application support skills
* Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in discussions
* Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and handle multiple concurrent projects
* Ability to work independently and manage tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to communicate with customers and stakeholders with appropriate urgency to improve services and relationships
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.