Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have a talented team on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best. Lead Service Technician
This is an hourly field position. The Lead Service Technician will spend a portion of their time training and mentoring field technicians & a portion of their time assisting with service overflow. Key Responsibilities:
Rewards and benefits
- Supervise and train Field Technicians to be proficient in programming skills, building customer relationships and mastering the quality delivery of our service projects.
- Lead the field team by demonstrating effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with the branch Scheduler, Management, and our Customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Promote a quality culture by building the customer relationships, internal team relationships and providing a quality project delivery.
- Provide field leadership by demonstrating technical expertise and site delivery skills from project start to successful project sign off and assisting field technicians where applicable in the field. The Lead Service Technician will provide hands on technical assistance while training field technicians.
- Lead a quality safety culture and follow all safety requirements
- Provide Field Tech support in conjunction with our in-house Legacy Tyco Safety Products technical engineering support
- Assist with programming and or testing requirements when applicable
- Provide input on field technician training requirements and work with management to develop a quality continuous training schedule
- Work together with team to meet financial goals as identified for team each month/quarter
- Professionally represent the company at all times
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the A &D Service Manager
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications: Requirements:
- Must possess a valid CT Electrical License ; NICET certification is a plus (employee will be required to obtain NICET II within 6 months of employment)
- 10 or more years of experience in the fire protection/life safety industry
- Demonstrated leadership with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office as well as online systems; knowledge of Oracle & maintenance scheduling systems a plus
- Knowledge of applicable fire regulations and codes i.e. OFC, ULC etc...required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and able to learn quickly
- Possess a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
- Able to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
- Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local Codes
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.