Lead Teller - Greenbelt Plaza
As a Lead Teller at Capital One, you will play a vital role in our customer’s banking experience. You will be a Brand Advocate with warmth and friendliness; passion about customers; championing our Service Excellence culture.
Capital One is passionate about creating an exceptional customer experience – as a Lead Teller, you will lead a dynamic Teller team in championing our company values of Excellence and Do the Right Thing. With self-motivation; digital and financial curiosity you will assist customers with service needs, product education and identify opportunities for sales or referrals to our Relationship Bankers. Lead Tellers resolve customer inquiries quickly and efficiently, delivering an extraordinary customer experience. You will perform a wide variety of transactions including check cashing, deposits, transfers and withdrawals while adhering to established operational policies and procedures. You will be expected to perform a vital role in our branch operations. You will work closely with the Branch Leadership Team to coach or mentor tellers and model excellence. You will travel between local district branches up to 10% of the time.
- Foster a customer centric culture, drives continuous improvement, innovation and champions change
- Drive digital fluency and alternate channel adoption among our associates and customers
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and that regulatory compliance standards are met by staff.
- Complete required audits and reconciliations of consignment items and general ledger tickets. Conduct audits of tellers, vaults, ATMs and currency dispensers.
- Work with Teller team to meet customer service expectations. Demonstrate successful sales, referral and service practices.
- Mentor team and help resolve customer issues. Give direction and feedback to others to increase their knowledge and performance.
- Direct onboarding of new Tellers. Conduct training sessions for staff on new policies, products and procedures.
- Complete complex transactions and demonstrate mastery of Teller application transactions and processing Teller operations. Responsible for cash management, controls and assist other Tellers with accuracy in cash handling and balancing.
- Serve as SME regarding Operations, Policy and Procedure
- Monitor and execute Teller Difference Policy
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 1 year experience in a customer facing role
- 6 months experience in an operations role or 6 months experience in a leadership role
- 1 year experience in sales and service in a banking environment or 1 year experience in sales and service in a retail environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.