Lead Teller - South Brooklyn District (Various Locations)
As a Lead Teller at Capital One, you will play a vital role in our customer's banking experience. You will be a Brand Advocate with warmth and friendliness; passion about customers; and our Service Excellence culture. Capital One is passionate about creating an exceptional customer experience. As a Lead Teller, you will lead a dynamic Teller team in championing our company values of Excellence and Do the Right Thing. With self-motivation and digital and financial curiosity, you will assist customers with service needs, product education and consultation on appropriate solutions. Lead Tellers resolve customer inquiries quickly and efficiently, delivering an extraordinary customer experience. You will perform a wide variety of transactions including check cashing, deposits, transfers and withdrawals while adhering to established operational policies and procedures. You will be expected to perform a vital role in our branch operations. You will work closely with the Branch Leadership Team to coach or mentor tellers and model excellence. You will travel between local district branches up to 10% of the time.
- Live the company values of Excellence and Do the Right Thing
- Act as a Customer Advocate
- Contribute to a customer-centric culture, continuous improvement, innovation and change
- Actively contribute to team’s success
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and that regulatory compliance standards are met by staff
- Complete required audits and reconciliations of consignment items and general ledger tickets. Conduct audits of tellers, vaults, ATMs and currency dispensers.
- Responsible for cash management and controls, and assists other Tellers with accuracy in cash handling and balancing
- Complete complex transactions and demonstrate mastery of Teller application transactions and processing Teller operations
- Work with and mentor Teller team to meet customer service expectations. Demonstrate successful customer engagement and customer retention practices.
- Direct onboarding of new Tellers. Conduct training sessions for staff on new policies, products and procedures.
- Take an active role in educating customers on other banking channels as well as other products and services
- To help customers achieve their financial goals, engage in needs-based assessment conversations and as appropriate, direct customers to Relationship Bankers or other lines of business
- Serve as SME regarding Branch Operations, Policies and Procedures
- Monitor and execute Teller Difference Policy
- Ensure all audit and security policies and procedures are followed in accordance with Bank policy and Federal regulations
- Able to travel between branches in assigned local area
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 1 year experience in a customer facing role or at least 1 year Customer Service experience
- 6+ months experience in an operations role or 6+ months experience in a leadership role
- 1+ year Teller or Cash Handling experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.