United States : North Carolina : Cary Role Value Proposition:
The person filling this role will serve as the Sr. Performance Engineer of the Application Performance Assurance (APA) unit in TechQA. TechQA is MetLife's software/hardware quality organization and exists within the Global Technology and Operations (GTO) department. Performance Engineering is a new service offering of APA and will include services above and beyond basic performance testing including; consulting with Application Architects and Developers during project inception and development, working with the business for enhanced performance requirements gathering, early performance testing during unit test, production follow-up and health checks, enhanced pre/post benchmarking of applications including upstream and downstream systems, and Dynamic Code Profiling. This is a Performance Engineering position, not a Performance Testing position, however, the expectation exists that the person filling this role is capable of expert level performance testing. Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as the team's Sr. Performance Engineer, becoming a trusted development partner to MetLife application development teams
- Consult with APA leadership on improvement of the Performance Engineering strategy and roadmap
- Validate the work of other APA roles to ensure properly designed use cases, test cases, performance test case automation, and application of appropriate and efficient performance test analysis, design, and coverage
- Consulting with all levels of management on performance related issues and concerns
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Partner with other TechQA test teams to create one view of TechQA from a business partner perspective
- 8+ years performance testing experience
- 5+ years performance engineering experience
- 2+ years project management experience or equivalent
- Thorough experience in all components of HP Quality Center, HP Load Runner/Performance Center (or equivalent), and other industry leading performance test/engineering tools
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or 10 years + equivalent work experience
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 12M